Update from Administrator – July 31, 2020
Our team and I hope this email finds you safe and healthy. I am pleased to report that we continue to remain COVID-free for both our staff and residents. As we continue to maintain a COVID-free status, we will hopefully be able to reduce restrictions under the guidance of the CDC and Department of Public Health.
As always, we thank our team for the hard work they while in our center; their chosen careers were never simple or easy to begin with, but working through a pandemic and under such troubled times as they do today, only makes their jobs even tougher. They received wonderful recognition during the pandemic, and I continue to thank and appreciate them! Additional recognition is coming as we celebrate them again during our version of National Nursing Home Week from August 9-15.
A few quick points on our outdoor visits:
- Must be pre-scheduled to ensure safe and healthy visits for you, the residents, and our staff. It also allows our team to ensure your loved one is available and ready for your visit to make the most of your time together.
- Face coverings must always be worn and a social distance of 6 feet between you and your loved ones for the entirety of the visit.
- Check out our website for specific guidelines and details regarding perimeter visits.
- Alternative visits (Facetime, Skype, and window visits) are still taking place. You can schedule a visit by calling 860-659-1905 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other updates from our recreation team include:
- Each nursing unit has tablets assigned for resident use such as virtual visits, games, etc.
- We have fresh airtime where residents can get some much-needed sunshine while supervised to ensure social distancing.
- We are also now scheduling resident outdoor social distancing activities programs.
- There will be a memorial service held for our residents who have passed since the start of the pandemic. Memorial service is scheduled for Tuesday, August 11th at 2pm. More to come.
As a reminder, our next “Town Hall” meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, August 4th at 2020. We encourage any residents and family members to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have about the care we are offering. Our commitment is to be as transparent as possible and work to address any issues that arise.
Thank you and please stay safe and healthy!